Responsibilities / Job Role:
A dedicated self-starter who is passionate about interior design and architecture, with team spirit who shares the studio’s creative ambitions. To confidently communicate a design narrative through aesthetically powerful visuals, activating spaces in line with creative direction and scope. To not only satisfy client demands for each project but go above and beyond to add a creative edge to our images.
Be involved at all stages of the design and production process. Projects at the earliest conceptual stages to projects in advanced design and documentation stages will all need views to be developed and updated with design evolution.
- To consistently create high quality, photorealistic computer generated visualisations, 3D interior and exterior imagery for use in client presentations, marketing collateral and award submissions.
- Work in cooperation with and under the direction of project leaders, design staff and the Studio’s Head of Advanced Imaging.
- Participate in the following workflow:
- Translate three-dimensional CAD designs into a render engine
- Set up views / animation path
- Populate images with people, landscape, furniture and other props. Further post-production manipulation of lighting and textures within an image.
- Generating iterations of the steps above, in response to design principal and design team feedback.
- Create high quality textures from physical material samples and palettes.
- Taking responsibility and ownership of multiple projects at any one time, communicating with team members regarding status and schedule.
- Producing work to the client brief on time and on budget, whilst recognising the importance of getting the commercial/creative balance right and developing their own creative vision for each project.
- Contribute to studio’s best practice for 3D visualisation & workflow.
- Proactively investigating advances in the visualisation industry and makes recommendations on how the studio’s graphic output can be improved.
- Support future external partnerships & collaborations.
- 2-4 yrs proven experience in a similar role within an architectural and/or interiors studio.
Service minded and desire to contribute to building up an artistic visual culture within a studio.
- Highly creative and thoughtful with a superb eye for composition, lighting and material execution, with a technical understanding and passion for bringing ideas to life.
- Understanding of architectural project design approach and workflow.
- Capability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Be well organised and adaptable, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Good communications skills, inc. fluency in spoken English
- Approachable & professional manner.
- Remains calm and deliberate under conditions of pressure
- Strong team player, with collaborative working style
- Confident dealing with people at all levels.
- Professional qualification in the field of design/arts.
- Advanced 3D modelling skill set in CAD, preferably using VectorWorks and Rhino.
- Advanced rendering skill set using Cinema 4D, preferably with V-Ray.
- Advanced post production skill set using Adobe Suite.
- Knowledge of real-time animation software, such as Unreal or Unity is advantageous.
- Right to Work in the UK.
- Location: Farringdon, London
- Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, however we are open to discuss part time options
- Holidays: 21 days per year + 3 days during Christmas period
- Start date: Asap
About Universal Design Studio
Universal Design Studio is an award-winning design architecture and interior design studio based in Farringdon, London, creating boutique hotels, restaurants, retail spaces, workspaces, galleries and renowned cultural institutions. Joined by Map Project Office and partner agency AKQA, the multi-disciplinary group redefine the interplay between the disciplines of architecture, industrial design and the digital realm.