This established, successful and expanding organisation delivers intelligent, creative planning and infrastructure solutions for our cities, backed up with technology, through 3D modelling, visualisation and facilitation services.
The talented team is comprised of creatives with specialist engineering, urban planning, architectural and community consultation backgrounds. They’re inspired to deliver great urban outcomes for communities – where people live, work and play.
An opportunity now exists for a talented and experienced Head of Computer Graphics to manage the delivery of exceptional 3D outputs, on time, quality and budget.
The role is responsible for all rendered 3D animation and still imagery produced as well as providing team leadership to the CG team, ensuring the right resources are in place to achieve project milestones and business goals.
It’s a varied role, and any one day could see you:
- Working with clients to understand client needs and translating them to a 3D output
- Leading a team of creative, passionate 3D artists
- Providing the full scope of 3D design services including modelling, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering
- Delivering high quality production outcomes for client projects, on time and to budget
- Working with I.T. and the Head of Production to improve the delivery pipeline
- Managing the quality control of all 3D outputs
- Managing projects
- Managing team resources and workforce planning
- Continuously improving quality, systems and processes
- This is a great opportunity for a someone wanting to join a growing organisation that makes a positive impact on the quality of cities. It’s a collaborative team culture with an interesting and creative environment where you will be able to grow and develop with the company.
The office is located in the central CBD, close to public transport and bike rider friendly. You will be exposed to major, high profile projects and demonstrating initiative will be rewarded with a range of learning and development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ of relevant industry experience
- Previous experience managing or leading a team
- The ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings
- Proficiency in an array of software tools for modelling, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering and the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Expert use of 3dsmax, Vray, Deadline, Photoshop
- Working knowledge and experience of how a pipeline works including centralising software, plug-ins, python scripting, transcoding, soe deployment
- Good understanding of techniques and technologies relating to lighting and rendering of computer graphics
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
It’s also highly desirable if you have:
- Python / Maxscript
- A passion for well-designed cities
- Experience delivering services to government and / or infrastructure delivery clients