You are established in the field of architectural visualization. You have experience with clients, project management, setting expectations, and an eye for quality. You’re ready to take it to the next level and direct world class projects that range from still images, 360’s, 3 min tour de force films, VR, to physical installations, and beyond. Ideally architecturally trained but open to experience in tangential fields of expertise.
Day to day role will be to direct, manage, and execute with a team of artists on the world’s best projects. You are able to provide relevant creative direction at various phases of a project, while still keeping grounded in the realistic ability to deliver with the tools of the industry, all while balancing a schedule and budget. Open mind, engaging presence, proactive attitude, and active listening skills are vital parts of the position.
Some more fun things about you :
- Rule breaker.
- Passionate about the creative process.
- Maybe You once had a dream where you were making an ice sculpture for pop legend Rebecca Black’s birthday party. During the party, the sculpture melted into a remarkable likeness of Frank Gehry’s Guggenheim Museum… 2 years before Gehry came up with the idea. Maybe not.
- You’ve worked directly with clients and thrive on the back and forth iterative nature of design.
- People want to go to lunch with you.
- Even your oldest friends refer to you as an Architect because they still don’t understand what you do no matter how many times you’ve described it to them.
- You have a love/hate relationship with 3ds Max.
- Thrill seeker.
- Your friends have asked you to Photoshop their vacation photos.
- You’re only vaguely certain that you have a grasp of Linear Workflow, but that’s never stopped you from espousing it benefits to your friends over a pint during lunch.
- You once modeled your entire apartment to decide how you should arrange your furniture.
- You’re as eager to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, as you are to soak up the wisdom of your coworkers.
Steelblue was founded in 2009 and is a leader in the field of visual storytelling and narrative within the real estate industry. We like to think we are a talented group of family and friends that happen to do work together. Ego's checked at the door, and merit is always welcome to the table. Technical prowess is necessary, but not the highest order bit. We celebrate creative solutions to tough problems, and like to bridge the gap between what our clients want to say, and how to say it. We are a studio of 20-25 artists, architects, designers, photographers, and tinkerers situated in the middle of the San Francisco building renaissance. Think of that exhilarating, full-body shiver that happens when you first plunge into a backyard pool. That thrill, that delight…that’s the feeling we aim to capture in every detail of our work. We encourage curiosity, exploration, and even failure as a path towards the best work you’ve ever produced. We are passionate about art, design, and architecture. We provide fully paid healthcare/dental/vision, PTO, 401k, reasonable working hours, and many other delightful working perks. We look forward to hearing from you about starting your next chapter.