Working with teams of Architects and Designers, candidates must visualize the design intent
through a combination of 3D and 2D composition techniques. The candidate will have a
demonstrated enthusiasm for architectural visualization and can produce both photo-real and
stylized output from drawings, diagrams and models (both digital and physical). The ability to work
both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively with the visualization team
and project teams is a must.
– Working closely with design teams and interpreting architectural designs as specified within
project sketches, architectural drawings or models; realizing those designs as compelling
– 2D image compositing, finishing and retouching operations on rendered frames.
– Work as part of a large team project.
– Maintain high quality standards and meet tight deadlines.
Skills + Qualifications/
– Excellent understanding of color, composition and lighting in imagery.
– Strong proficiency in modeling, rendering and animation with 3ds Max and VRay for 3ds
– Strong knowledge of editing and compositing with Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with After
Effects and Lightroom.
– Knowledge in Unreal Engine/Unity a plus.
– Proficiency in freehand sketching, and or painting / photography. Demonstrate the ability to
communicate ideas through hand sketching.
Completion of four-year undergraduate architectural or interior design degree program, fiveyear
architectural or interior design degree program or a three-year graduate degree
program. 2 years of related experience preferred
About SHoP Architects
SHoP Architects is a world-renowned, innovative architecture firm located in downtown Manhattan.