3D & Visual Communications Artist – Brisbane
POPULOUS is the world’s leading design firm dedicated to creating environments that draw people and communities together for unforgettable experiences.
Since 1983, the firm developed more than 2,000 projects around the globe, including Yankee Stadium in New York, 2012 London Summer Olympic Games main stadium, Nanjing Sports Park in China, ANZ Stadium and ICC Sydney in Sydney Australia and most recently KL Sports City in Malaysia.
3D & Visual Communication Artist Role
We are seeking a talented, knowledgeable & experienced 3D and Visual Communications Artist to work in our Asia Pacific practice, working on complex and high quality projects.
Our global design practice is designing & documenting a diverse range of building types including sports and entertainment venues, convention, cultural and exhibition centres, elite training facilities and airports.
Applicants require an intermediate to advanced level of technical abilities with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in similar projects. Attention to detail, showing initiative and problem solving in a team environment is essential.
- Work with Project Architects on images to represent external and internal architecture and design responses for stakeholders and clients.
- Understanding and application of the workflow from an architectural model to final image.
- Collaborate and work within an existing 3D visualisation team.
- Help to establish styles, standards, innovative techniques and workflows.
- Be solution focused in the requirements of team members, project architects and interior designers, clients, project managers and contractors during design realisation.
- Inventive and creative thinking including spatial and environmental design, story creation reflecting research and location criteria
- Develop and layout technical 3D rendering and detailing to standards and project requirements
- Responsive and collaborative team member including demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and ability to be directed and guided to deliver outcomes for projects
- Self-driven work ethic and ability to meet fast paced project demands
- Ability to understand architectural language and detailing
- Bachelor degree in Design or other tertiary qualification, equivalent work experience is valued
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in 3D and visual communication presentation and delivery
- Intermediate to advanced software skills, rendering and 3D modelling experience
- Substantial verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Substantial sketching and freehand drawings skills to communicate concepts and story creation
- Intermediate to advanced skills using 3ds Max, V Ray, Adobe Suite, UE4 and Microsoft products
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 20 December 2017
Populous actively seeks great people to work with and values equal opportunities for women, Aboriginal and Torres Straight Island people, people with disability and non-English speaking backgrounds.
Flexible working conditions can be negotiated depending on the individual’s experience, skill and personal requirements to meet the role outcomes.
Send a short form CV and folio with a covering letter and subject line ‘Visual Communications Application’ by 20 December 2017 to [email protected] If selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly.
Agency applications will not be accepted for this role.