POPULOUS designs the places where people love to be together, like Yankee Stadium, the London Olympics, and the ICC Sydney. Over the last 35 years, the global architecture and design firm has designed more than 2,500 projects around the world, which includes a range of unique projects such as stadiums, entertainment arenas and elite training centres.
We are looking for people who align with our core values, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Creativity, Excellence and Fun, to join our design team. Populous understands well integrated Visual Communications is key to the overall success of our projects.
See more about Populous here: https://populous.com/
3D Visualisation Artist Role
We are seeking a talented, knowledgeable and experienced 3D & Visual Communications Artist to join our team in Brisbane to deliver complex and high quality projects in the Asia Pacific region.
Applicants require an intermediate to advanced level of 3D & Visual Communications design and technical abilities with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience. Attention to detail, showing initiative and problem solving in a team environment is essential.
- Provide direction and guidance, where required, to team members throughout the duration of projects.
- Work with Project Architects on images to represent external and internal architecture and design responses for stakeholders and clients.
- Understanding and application of the workflow from an architectural model to final image.
- Collaborate and work within an existing 3D visualisation team.
- Help to establish styles, standards, innovative techniques and workflows.
- Be solution focused in the requirements of team members, project architects and interior designers, clients, project managers and contractors during design realisation.
- Inventive and creative thinking including spatial and environmental design, story creation reflecting research and location criteria.
- Develop and layout technical 3D rendering and detailing to standards and project requirements.
- Responsive and collaborative team member including demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and ability to be directed and guided to deliver outcomes for projects.
- Self-driven work ethic and ability to meet fast paced project demands.
- Ability to understand architectural language and detailing.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Design or other tertiary qualification, equivalent work experience is valued.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in 3D and visual communication presentation and delivery.
- Intermediate to advanced software, rendering and 3D modelling experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using 3ds Max, V Ray, Adobe Suite essential.
- Substantial sketching and freehand drawings skills to communicate concepts and story creation.
- Substantial verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Wednesday 22 May 2019
Populous actively seeks great people to work with and values equal opportunities for women, people with disability and non-English speaking backgrounds.
Send a short form CV and folio with a cover letter to [email protected] by Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
We will contact you directly for an interview.
Agency applications will not be accepted for this role.
About Populous Design Pty Ltd
Populous is a global architecture and design firm that designs the places where people love to be together, like Yankee Stadium, the London Olympics, and the Super Bowl. Over the last 30 years, the firm has designed more than 2,000 projects worth $40 billion across emerging and established markets. Populous’ comprehensive services include architecture, interior design, event planning and overlay, branded environments, wayfinding and graphics, planning and urban design, landscape architecture, aviation and transport design, hotels and hospitality, and sustainable design consulting. Populous has 17 offices on four continents with regional centers in Kansas City, London and Brisbane.